- A4PN provides educational sessions for practice managers and other practice staff to increase understanding and skills around managing alcohol and other drug presentations, particularly pharmacotherapy, in the General Practice setting.
There are two educational sessions available for Practice Managers and practice staff.
Management of Opioid Dependence: Best Practice, Business Model
Upskill your practice team and develop a strategic, efficient and viable business model. In-house training customised to your availability and needs.
- Management of opioid dependence using a chronic disease framework
- Understanding challenging presentations
- Responding to codeine rescheduling and SafeScript (real-time prescription monitoring)
- Implementing effective systems, policies and practice environment
- Building a treatment team and collaborative partnerships
Anastasia Dimitriou, a Practice Manager experienced in managing pharmacotherapy programs
This training has been allocated 4 AAPM CPD points by the Australian Association of Practice Management Ltd (AAPM).
Click here to view the flyer and to book your session.
De-mystifying Opioid Replacement Therapy
Designed for GPs, this session can be delivered to any of your practice staff to increase their understanding of opioid dependence and its management in the General Practice setting.
- Overview of Opioid Replacement Therapy / Pharmacotherapy for opioid dependence
- Available Opioid Replacement Therapy agents
- Steps to prescribing buprenorphine/naloxone
- Availability of expert support / mentoring GPs
- Information on clinical handover in the absence of patient’s usual prescriber
Accredited for 2 Category 2 RACGP QI&CPD Points.